Hope you had a great weekend! Worked all weekend and caught up with many of my San Franciscan friends.
I have been on many podcasts and interviewers always asks me what is the key to being a top-notch listing agent.
In my 25+ year career as a listing agent, I have ALWAYS been accountable to someone for my actions and results. And the reasons may be obvious to you:
- You perform better under observation.
- You get honest feedback from others.
- It forces you to follow through on commitments.
- It creates firm deadlines for important tasks.
- It keeps you grounded in reality.
- You learn from the successes and failures of others.
- It prevents little problems from turning into big ones.
This, of course, is a key component of the Collective that is amazing.
But the great thing is you don’t have to pay me or anyone else to make this happen for you.
How about this; call another real estate agent you know anywhere in the country, preferably not in your marketplace, and start an accountability group. Have a weekly check-in, where you set your goals for the week with them and then have to report back to them with your results. BOOM. You just started an accountability group.
So whatever you want to accomplish in your life, whether you want to be a better parent, have an amazing body, lose weight, meditate more or be an Unleashed listing agent, find an accountability partner.
If you don’t, then you’re not serious about achieving that goal.