Do you believe it’s Halloween? OMG, this year is going so fast! It’s going to be New Years Eve in the blink of an eye!
One of my greatest gifts in life is having a great business partner which allows me to live in Panama while I work from here.
Having a partner in your real estate business is very rewarding professionally, it’s great to take time off, bounce off ideas with someone and to synergistically market together and get more business and listings.
But there are some pitfalls that you should always be aware of:
- Make sure your personalities mesh well together. This is why organic relationships in this regard work well.
- Realize your decision making is going to be slowed down. You can’t make snap decisions like you used to.
- You are going to have differences of opinion, know how to deal with them.
- You are obviously going to have smaller profits.
- Mixing business and friendship is tricky sometimes, especially if the partnership doesn’t work.
- Learn to manage your expectations, it’s easy to blame them for something you think they should have done.
If you don’t address some of these things, partnerships can be messed up. If you’re an Agent Unleashed and careful, measured and really think things out, being in a partnership can be very rewarding, you can get more listings and it can be wonderful for your quality of life.
Just go into one with your eyes wide open.